Annuals and Perennials
Edible Annuals the “one season wonders”, they grow quickly and produce abundant leaf, seed or fruit. Lettuce, Carrots, Broccoli, Beans, Tomatoes are all great examples of delicious Annuals.
Edible Perennials are the “long distance runners” of the plant kingdom, fruit trees are major examples, these are plants that send out deep roots, wide branches and measure harvest in cycles of years rather than days or months. Mangoes, Mulberries, Papayas, Pigeon Peas, Avocados and of course Apples are all great examples. These help other plants and animals as well by providing shade and habitat that make a variety of life possible.
The Program: We are inviting Fruitful Field Garden Lovers to help bring about the advantages of perennial plants to the mission of the garden itself by joining the “Perennials club” which has the following Fruitful Traits:
- The Perennials club allows the Fruitful Field to continue its mission of Food, Education, and Community in the midst of its disadvantaged neighborhood
- A monthly scheduled contribution to The Fruitful Field which is paid automatically through Paypal or the Perennials club member’s bank.
Benefits: Beyond the great feeling of knowing that your support gives shade and sustenance to a great cause, Perennials club members enjoy the following little “fruits”
- An 8 oz taste of each new batch of garden honey
- A one week “greens share sample” share once a season (subject to scheduling with garden farm manager)
- A special insider’s tour of the garden offered once a quarter by the Executive Director and Garden Farm Manager
- Complimentary Table Seats at our Annual “Tea in the Garden” Fundraiser
If you would rather pay for a whole year with a one time gift use this option- your Perennials club membership will be good for one year from date of donation.
Come and help us grow good fruit!
We are a 501(c)(3) federally recognized non-profit corporation and registered with the State of Florida; your donations are tax deductible.